COOK INLET TRIBAL COUNCIL, INC.
Child & Family Services (CFSD)
Director - CFSD
The Data Specialist (DS) is responsible for data entry, data monitoring and data reporting to support the operations of Child & Family Services department projects. The Data Specialist enters participant intake, service and outcome indicators that support project implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains CFSD programs records by entering, updating and retrieving Access and MIS data and files.
- Maintains technical knowledge on the internal Access or other database platforms by maintaining regular communication with the statewide database administrator and the CITC Data Systems Coordinator.
- Assists the CFSD programs by ensuring accuracy of data for applicable weekly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports.
- Completes special projects by organizing and coordinating information and requirements; planning, arranging, and meeting schedules and deadlines.
- Resolves problems by answering general questions and requests.
- Improves services by collaborating with CFSD Director and MIS Business Analyst on integrity and accuracy of data.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state and local legal requirements by studying existing and new child welfare legislation including ICWA; by enforcing adherence to requirements including mandatory reporting of child abuse and neglect; by advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping verbal and written information confidential per applicable state/federal statute; by the appropriate and efficient use of technical resources.
- Performs all related duties as assigned.
Job Responsibilities Related to Patient Privacy:
- The incumbent is expected to protect the privacy of all patient information in accordance with CITC’s privacy policies, procedures and practices, as required by federal and state law, and in accordance with general principles of professionalism as a health care provider. Failure to comply with CITC’s policies and procedures on patient privacy may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment or membership or association with CITC.
- The incumbent may access protected health information and other patient information only to the extent that is necessary to complete your job duties. The incumbent may only share such information with those who have a need to know specific patient information you have in your possession to complete their job responsibilities related to treatment, payment or other CITC operations.
- The incumbent is encouraged and expected to report, without the threat of retaliation, any concerns regarding CITC’s policies and procedures on patient privacy and any observed practices in violation of the policy to the designated Privacy Officer.
- Strong computer skills in word processing, spread sheets, databases, internet and e-mail.
- Ability to coordinate multiple activities with limited supervision.
- Ability to exercise independent and analytical judgment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other computer programs
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work independently
- High School Diploma
- One year of full proficiency in spread sheets, databases, etc.
- Continued employment status will be contingent upon completion of a satisfactory state and federal criminal background check in compliance with the 1990 Indian Child Protection Act.
Hiring preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Alaska Native/American Indian applicants pursuant to P.L. 93-638 Indian Self Determination Act.
The information provided in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job. Management has sole discretion to add or modify duties of the job and to designate other functions as essential at any time. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.