ALASKA NATIVE JUSTICE CENTER
Reentry Case Manager
Alaska Native Justice Center (ANJC)
Director of Program Operations
This position is responsible for the case management of Reentry Program participants and works under the direction of the ANJC Reentry Program Manager. The incumbent duties require close coordination, collaboration, tracking and monitoring of participants to ensure compliance with their service plan and terms of release. Responsibilities also include working closely with partner agencies to ensure program participants are engaged and supported in services that includes employment/training, housing, mentoring, and other comprehensive services.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Works directly with the Department of Corrections (DOC), and local service providers to plan for reintegration from confined facility, staff secured facility, and incarceration into the Anchorage community.
- Serves as the central point of contact between ANJC and DOC.
- Conducts initial pre-release screening to determine the level of service and support needed.
- Facilitates support groups.
- Attends program and agency related meetings and conferences as requested.
- Works closely with the Reentry Program Manager and other Reentry Case Managers in the collection of data, report writing and follow-up.
- Ensures individual participant case planning encompasses key partners, support and services.
- Participates in the development and strategy for community education and awareness of Offender Reentry and community notification regarding the return of specific offenders.
- Maintains relationships & contracts within network of local service providers.
- Facilitates the restorative justice processes.
- Maintain confidentiality according to regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Perform all related duties as assigned.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure of deadlines, and within budget constraints.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule.
- Ability to work in a team environment, while also working independently.
- Demonstrated capacity to handle multiple tasks, projects and meet deadlines
- Excellent public relations, community organizing, negotiation, mediation, conflict management and meeting facilitation skills.
- Knowledge of Alaska Native and/or community resources with demonstrated experience working with Alaska Native people, and an understanding of their values and belief systems.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information
- Demonstrate ability to inspire community participation and build coalitions.
- Computer literacy in word processing, email, internet and spreadsheets.
- Must have strong administrative and organizational skills including budget development and management, and grant administration and reporting.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with diverse groups of citizens, who may have conflicting interests and opinions.
- Familiarity with the concepts of Restorative Justice and experience engaging that philosophy into reentry programs.
- Demonstrated ability to provide support, empower, and manage individuals.
- Bachelor’s Degree or four years of recent relevant job experience in restorative justice, victim advocacy, offender services, or related field.
- Experience with civic affairs, community groups/agencies, and governmental (municipal, state and federal) agencies.
- Must possess valid Alaska driver's license and reliable transportation, and be willing to maintain automotive insurance (with mileage reimbursement).
Hiring preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Alaska Native/American Indian applicants pursuant to P.L. 93-638 Indian Self Determination Act.
The information provided in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job. Management has sole discretion to add or modify duties of the job and to designate other functions as essential at any time. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.