COOK INLET TRIBAL COUNCIL, INC
Fab Lab Assistant / Guru
Youth Empowerment Services (YES)
The position will be responsible for the completion of a variety of general and specific duties, to include: learning and teaching Computer Numerical Control (CNC) software and machines in the Fab Lab, assisting camp instructors as needed, driving services for the department by transporting participating students to the Fab Lab and assist with supplies deliveries and overall mentoring and monitoring the safety of participants.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Become familiar with the CITC Fab Lab, safety rules and project plans.
- Learn and teach lab software and equipment.
- Document new project steps for use in the project binder.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of participant’s performance, attendance, projects, and other pertinent information.
- Participate in trainings and continuous professional development given by equipment manufacturers as needed or upon request.
- Assist the CITC Camp staff with participants during camp at the Fab Lab.
- Provide supervision and assistance to camp participants during camp sessions.
- Transport students to class sites, field trips, or other locations as specified by YEES department.
- Assist in picking up supplies, materials, and office equipment at specified locations.
- Perform routine vehicle maintenance check to ensure fuel and windshield washers are filled; and tires, windshield wipers and lights are in operational condition.
- Maintain vehicles in clean condition; and ensure roadside safety kit and first-aid kits are available and current for use.
- Maintain an accurate record and log of all driving services provided and participants transported.
- May perform shopping duties at various vendors to purchase items for the YEES department; and make delivery to CITC buildings.
- Perform all assigned duties by following OSHA safety and health standards.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality according to regulations and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of experience with design software and shop machinery or similar equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisors, co-workers, staff, youth participants, parents and general public.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write and understand relevant procedures and assignments including effective oral communication.
- Demonstrated ability to solve practical problems, exercise sound judgement and address situations with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, schedule form, from the use of software or other types of learning tools.
- Perform under pressure with the ability to effectively handle numerous priority events at same time.
- Work effectively with Alaska Native and American Indians, with an understanding of social and cultural needs of the native community.
- Demonstrates ability to relay and teach information in an understanding format to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated understanding of tools and equipment, and tool safety.
- Demonstrated experience with a variety of technology and design software programs.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Two (2) years’ experience in working with youth.
- Continued employment will be contingent upon receipt of a satisfactory report from a state and federal background check.
- Must have at least two (2) years of driving experience.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
- Must have a valid Alaska Driver’s License and be insurable under CITC’s automotive insurance policy, which requires the driver to be at least 21 years of age.
- Experience working with Alaska Native/American Indian youth, ages 9-18.
- Current First Aid and CPR certified.
Hiring preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Alaska Native/American Indian applicants pursuant to Under P.L. 93-638 Indian Self-Determination Act.
The information provided in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job. Management has sole discretion to add or modify duties of the job and to designate other functions as essential at any time. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.