COOK INLET TRIBAL COUNCIL, INC.
Tobacco Control Coordinator
Youth Services Manager
This position will be responsible for assisting with the successful coordination, implementation, and evaluation of required grant activities proposed by the Cook Inlet Tribal Council, Inc. (CITC) Tobacco Prevention and Control Program.
Duties and Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Deliver smoking cessation education and awareness resources to community members residing in Anchorage and the Mat-Su Borough through local and mass-media outreach.
- Work with TPC program and state contractors to conduct an assessment of population needs, resources, and readiness for tobacco prevention and control efforts in a culturally responsive manner.
- Participate in external coalitions to facilitate mobilization and build agency and program capacity.
- Maintain meaningful collaborations with program partners, community coalitions, stakeholders, and other grantees.
- Participate in topic-specific workgroups facilitated by State of Alaska TPC program contractors annually.
- Monitor and measure program performance to ensure program goals are met, including objectives, activities, and clients served.
- Complete and maintain forms, records, reports, and documentation of program activities.
- Performs other job related duties as needed and/or assigned
Job Responsibilities Related to Participant Privacy
- The incumbent is expected to protect the privacy of all participant information in accordance with CITC’s privacy policies, procedures and practices, as required by federal and state law, and in accordance with general principles of professionalism as a health care provider. Failure to comply with CITC’s policies and procedures on participant privacy may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment or membership or association with CITC.
- The incumbent may access protected health information and other participant information only to the extent that is necessary to complete your job duties. The incumbent may only share such information with those who have a need to know specific participant information you have in your possession to complete their job responsibilities related to treatment, payment or other CITC operations.
- The incumbent is encouraged and expected to report, without the threat of retaliation, any concerns regarding CITC’s policies and procedures on participant privacy and any observed practices in violation of the policy to the designated Privacy Officer.
- Strong public speaking and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with computers and standard office equipment and programs.
- Analyze situations and suggest appropriate action.
- Motivate and secure staff cooperation.
- Coordinate multi-site activities.
- Ability to make decisions and exercise good judgment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize workload.
- Ability to coordinate multiple activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in public health, health education, social work, psychology, sociology or behavioral health services required.
- Technical expertise in public health program design and evaluation.
- Adept at managing relationships and projects in a community setting.
- Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Experience collaborating with multiple stakeholders.
- Valid Alaska Driver’s License and be insurable under CITC’s automotive insurance preferred.
- Continued employment is contingent upon receipt of satisfactory state and federal background check.
Hiring preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Alaska Native/American Indian applicants pursuant to P.L. 93-638 Indian Self Determination Act.
The information provided in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job. Management has sole discretion to add or modify duties of the job and to designate other functions as essential at any time. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.