COOK INLET TRIBAL COUNCIL, INC.
HR/Payroll Data Technician
The HR/Payroll Data Technician functions include, but are not limited to: Overall facilitation, tracking and processing of Personnel Action Recommendations (PAR’s),and the accurate computation, classification, recording and verifying of various financial, benefit and employee related data used in maintaining accounting records particularly as they relate to payroll, and employee benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for tracking and processing PAR’s in a timely manner.
- Process new employee setup, pay rate changes, transfers, benefit/deduction adjustments, and employee terminations.
- Respond to employment verification requests.
- Enter requested changes into timekeeping software.
- Prepares payments for benefits.
- Collaborates with Managers to ensure proper employee access to service codes.
- Process, maintain and update HR information, payroll and benefit records; and compile reports from database as needed and/or upon request.
- Act as the backup for the payroll technician for payroll processing.
- Maintains confidentiality according to regulations.
- Performs all related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to complete work in a timely and accurate manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with management and staff, and to effectively communicate with regulatory and taxing authorities.
- Demonstrated ability to compute ratios and interpret graphs.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple activities.
- Demonstrated ability to work as an active participant in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide administrative support in a timely and efficient manner with few errors.
- Proficient computer skills, including spreadsheet, word processing and publishing programs.
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting, or related field. Year-for-year related experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
- Two (2) years’ related experience in payroll and data entry.
- Minimum one (1) year in all relevant payroll functions, including: maintenance, preparation, data entry, balancing and payroll taxes.
- Continued employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion of state and federal background check.
- Three (3) years’ related experience in payroll and data entry.
Hiring preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Alaska Native/American Indian applicants pursuant to P.L. 93-638 Indian Self Determination Act.
The information provided in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job. Management has sole discretion to add or modify duties of the job and to designate other functions as essential at any time. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.