COOK INLET TRIBAL COUNCIL, INC.
The Payroll Technician is responsible for payroll administration for CITC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pre-Audits time-sheets and verifies authenticity and accuracy of data entry, payroll and file maintenance.
- Ensures that payroll is properly authorized.
- Ensures accurate preparation and balancing of bi-weekly payrolls.
- Responsible for timely and accurate distribution of all payrolls.
- Handles various payroll adjustments and changes.
- Reconciles and prepares payments for benefits.
- Prepares periodical payroll related analysis, statements and projections.
- Maintains all records in connection with payments made on behalf of employees.
- Collaborates with Managers to ensure proper coding of all payroll postings.
- Process, maintain and update payroll and records; and compile reports from database as needed and/or upon request.
- Assist in maintaining and updating accounting’s electronic folders and file management system.
- Participate in CITC staff development training and meet attendance requirements.
- Maintains confidentiality according to regulations.
- Performs all related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to complete work in a timely and accurate manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with management and staff, and to effectively communicate with regulatory and taxing authorities.
- Demonstrated ability to compute ratios and interpret graphs.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple activities.
- Demonstrated ability to work as an active participant in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide administrative support in a timely and efficient manner with few errors.
- Proficient computer skills, including spreadsheet, word processing and publishing programs.
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting or related field. Year-for-year related experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
- Two (2) years’ related experience in payroll.
- Minimum one (1) year in all relevant payroll functions, including: maintenance, preparation, data entry, balancing and payroll taxes.
- Continued employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion of state and federal background check.
- Three (3) years’ related experience in payroll.
Hiring preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Alaska Native/American Indian applicants pursuant to P.L. 93-638 Indian Self Determination Act.
The information provided in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job. Management has sole discretion to add or modify duties of the job and to designate other functions as essential at any time. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.