COOK INLET TRIBAL COUNCIL, INC.
Youth Services Case Manager
The Recovery Services (RS) Youth Services Case Manager will be an integral member of the Recovery Services department. This position will be responsible for outreach in partnership with Covenant House. This position is also responsible for providing linkage and referral to individuals at Covenant House for wrap around services for medical, housing, substance use services, mental health, and employment. This position will provide act as an advocate for the participants at onsite and offsite locations.
Duties and Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Administers and documents appropriate screening tools specific as it relates to homelessness resources in the community and Recovery Services policies and procedures.
- Provides resources to support recovery oriented system of care and wrap around services by identifying and linkage participant to identified case management services.
- Provides individual case management sessions to help individuals identify patterns of risky behaviors.
- Provides outreach in the community at targeted locations such as homeless shelters and homeless camps with outreach staff.
- Documents in Recovery Services Case Management System (RSCMS) including: case reviewing and progress noting in accordance with Recovery Services policies and procedures.
- Understand and use Trauma Informed techniques and Motivational Interviewing while engaging participants.
- Coordinates with referral sources, involve family members and other treatment providers to provide the best treatment options for participant. Able to support appropriate family reunification.
- Working knowledge of community resources.
- Works collaboratively with GABHI Recovery Services staff members and grant partners. Attend community coalitions and task force that address homeless.
- Facilitates education groups as needed, educate participants, families, and groups through approved teaching methods, lectures, and video materials.
- Attends staff meetings and works collaboratively with other staff (prevention team, CITC youth services) in case staffing/review.
- Participate in training in areas related to improvement of service delivery.
- Maintains a respectful relationship with participants, former participants, family members and peers.
- Maintains a relationship with all partnering agencies and referral sources.
- Other duties as needed and/or assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with PCs and standard office equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions and exercise good judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and prioritize workload.
- Strong public speaking and organizational skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple activities.
- Demonstrated ability and experience conducting individual and group sessions.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to be cross-trained in any aspect of the program.
- Must have strong writing skills with attention to detail and accuracy of fact reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to work with individual from diverse backgrounds.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- One year experience working with individuals who have experienced homelessness
- One year providing community outreach.
- Have or able to obtain Alaska Chemical Dependency Tech Certification within one year from hire.
- If in recovery, one year continuous sobriety prior to hire and active and continuing participation in a recovery support program, such as a 12 step program.
- Valid Alaska Driver’s License and be insurable under CITC’s automotive insurance, which requires a driver to be at least 21 years of age.
- Continued employment is contingent upon receipt of a satisfactory state and federal background check.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Alaska Native/American Indian applicants pursuant to P.L. 93-638 Indian Self Determination Act.
The information provided in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job. Management has sole discretion to add or modify duties of the job and to designate other functions as essential at any time. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.