COOK INLET TRIBAL COUNCIL, INC.
Chief of Staff
C3 (Admin/Receptionist III)
The main function of this position is to serve as a first point of contact for clients, participants, and the public; and also, to provide general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. The Executive Receptionist will portray professional behavior towards the Board of Directors, Leadership Council, outside agencies, federal and state officials, other Native organizations, employees, and all visitors. The Executive Receptionist will be responsible for answering incoming calls, directing calls to the appropriate position, mail distribution, maintain common office areas, as well as additional clerical duties and special projects as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Meet and greet guests, clients, participants, and employees; and, provide direction as needed.
- Screens and responds to incoming calls, takes messages and routes callers as needed.
- Assists in maintaining access for the Executive Board Room and Executive Conference Room calendars and prints daily schedules as well as cleaning and organizing conference rooms daily and immediately following meetings.
- Distributes incoming mail and distributes to appropriate administration staff.
- Provides clerical support to the Administrative staff and assist with special projects.
- Assists with copying, labeling, scanning and filing documents.
- Ability to notarize documents.
- Create and maintain vendor contact lists.
- Assist with preparation of Board packets as directed.
- Prepare letters, documents, and other correspondence for mailings as requested.
- Maintain reception area, copier/supply room, break room and kitchen in a clean, neat and orderly fashion.
- Assist with ordering supplies as needed.
- Assists with equipment maintenance to include turning machines on in the morning and turning them off prior to leaving at the end of the day. Ensure that the printer and copy machine have sufficient paper, assist in identifying need for maintenance and/or renewal of supplies.
- Prepare Purchase Orders and Check Requisitions.
- Anticipate all supply needs, keep supply room and break room fully stocked. Refer to the “4th Floor Reception Tasks List”.
- Drive to vendors to shop for supplies as needed.
- Other duties as needed and/or assigned.
Internal / External Relations:
- Participates as an active member of the Executive Support team.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with CITC staff and personnel of other partnering organizations.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times while displaying a professional disposition.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; knowledge of proper grammar, good vocabulary, spelling and proofreading skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent public contact, telephone etiquette and professional presence.
- Excellent computer skills, including Word and Excel in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Proficient use of PCs and standard office equipment.
- Type 50 wpm neatly and accurately with knowledge of general business formats and procedures.
- Ability to work well with others and as a part of a team.
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment while maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize workload and adapt to changing priorities.
- General knowledge and understanding of the social, health, educational, training, and cultural needs of the Alaska Native and American Indian community.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of six (6) months’ experience working as a Receptionist in an office setting.
- Knowledge and/or interest in learning about Alaska Native and American Indian culture and community resources.
- Valid Alaska driver’s license and be insurable under CITC’s automotive insurance.
- Continued employment is contingent upon receipt of a satisfactory report from a state and federal background check.
Hiring preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Alaska Native/American Indian applicants pursuant to P.L. 93-638 Indian Self Determination Act.
The information provided in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job. Management has sole discretion to add or modify duties of the job and to designate other functions as essential at any time. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.