COOK INLET TRIBAL COUNCIL, INC.
Youth Outpatient Supervisor
Youth Outpatient Staff Members
Regular, Part time
The Youth Outpatient Supervisor is responsible for clinical services for Recovery Services Youth Outpatient and Intensive Outpatient programs including all services targeting adolescent youth experiencing substance use and co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders, and their families. Duties will include supervision to clinical staff; assure accurate delivery of services, monitor grant services and operation in congruence with the treatment philosophy, approach and service delivery model in compliance with State and CARF standards along with monitor and achievement of program grant goals and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, revise, and maintain the operating policies and procedures of the youth outpatient treatment programs, as needed.
- Maintain a safe environment of care and assures compliance with health and safety standards and policies
- Work with Human Resources in recruiting, interviewing and hiring youth outpatient staff
- Assure a thorough orientation schedule for new staff members is created and adhered to for new hire training.
- Oversee clinical operations of youth outpatient and directly supervise program staff in family-centered outreach and outpatient service delivery insuring direct service providers meet core competencies training, understanding of clinical processes and service delivery, chart compliance, with accurate diagnosis and level of care, and adhere to all program policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge and the ability to utilize trauma informed techniques, motivational interviewing and other evidence based participates for youth services.
- Provide oversite to assure that intakes, pre-treatment services, and waitlist are maintained for youth services RS program.
- Approve and monitor all clinical progress notes, treatment plans and file review for clinical accuracy and timeliness.
- Monitor and assure that all clinical groups are conducted and followed as outline in the group schedule.
- Oversee that all staff member’s caseloads are filled and maintained to meet utilization as outlined on Goals Grid and Grant requirements.
- Train, oversee, and provide guidance in clinical documentation with the Recovery Services Case Management System (RSCMS)
- Conduct monthly supervision and annual performance evaluations for direct supervised staff following policies and procedures protocols. .
- Have a working knowledge and understanding of suicidal ideation and the procedure to clinically assess a participant and obtain the appropriate medical personnel in this type of crisis.
- Assure that a culturally appropriate treatment regime is followed throughout outpatient services and referring agencies (to and from).
- Assure timely submission of all ASAP reports including ASAP miscellaneous note entry into AKAIMS system.
- Assist in providing information for reports as needed; including, dashboard, board reports, state quarterlies and annual grant continuations.
- Conduct weekly case staffing to review participant progress, transitional planning, and treatment plan updates and assure adequate level of care.
- Fulfill responsibilities during staff vacancies to meet the needs of the participants.
- Work cohesively with other supervisors, managers and contractors to ensure quality of care across the unit.
- Maintain confidentiality according to regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Perform all related duties as assigned.
- Strong competency in addictions and knowledge of ASAM criteria.
- Strong competency in addictions and knowledge of DSM-5 Substance Use criteria.
- Strong competence, knowledge and understanding of addiction and co-occurring disorders
- Strong competency in adolescent and family-centered treatment provision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentations before diverse groups.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage crises.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct group therapy.
- Knowledge of cultural and spiritual values and how they relate to Alaska Natives and American Indians.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and coordinate delivery of services meeting dosage and patient care requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise staff and offer effective clinical direction.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use advanced word processing, spreadsheets and other office machines.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple activities.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times in accordance with 42CFR Part 2 and HIPAA requirements.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with CITC staff and supports management of the organization.
- Participates in scheduled external/internal meetings and trainings as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in in public health, public administration, sociology, psychology, social work, or human services or field.
- Two years’ experience in providing services to the behavioral health population and directly with youth (ages 12 to 24).
- Two years supervisory experience in the behavioral health field.
- Direct experience in addictions and co-occurring treatment.
- Level I or higher Alaska Chemical Dependency Counselor Certification.
- Experience working with Alaska Native people, knowledge of their values and belief systems, and ability to provide culturally competent services.
- Continued employment is contingent upon receipt of a satisfactory state and federal background check.
- Trauma Informed Trainer/Trained in relevant EBPs.
- Substance Abuse Treatment Counselor Certification Level II preferred.
Hiring preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Alaska Native/American Indian applicants pursuant to P.L. 93-638 Indian Self Determination Act.
The information provided in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job. Management has sole discretion to add or modify duties of the job and to designate other functions as essential at any time. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.