COOK INLET TRIBAL COUNCIL, INC.
Program Support Specialist
The Recovery Services (RS) Program Support Specialist will provide supportive services to participants within one of the Recovery Services residential programs. The Residential Support Specialist will act as support staff for our residential programs supporting staff outings, time management with schedule, self-administering medications, and encouragement.
Duties and Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Monitor day to day program schedule in adherence to the therapeutic community, cultural competencies, and system of care while providing training needed to continue integrity of the Therapeutic Village OF Care (TVC) model.
- Understands and uses Trauma Informed and Motivational Interviewing (MI) techniques.
- Provides motivational interviewing, social, and emotional support to participants within RS programs.
- Monitor and control visitor access in accordance with Recovery Services policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Support participants and staff to meet and maintain all health and safety standards in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Monitor visitation ensuring proper procedures and program expectations are adhered to when participants and any guests and/or visitors enter and exit the facility.
- Monitor passes ensuring proper procedure and program expectations are adhered to when participants re leaving and returning from passes.
- Works closely with clinical team and participants to follow TVC manual and Village Council model, manual, and procedures.
- Attends all relevant trainings and direct support meetings
- Work collaboratively with other clinical team members and participates in case conferencing.
- Participate in training in areas related to improvement of service delivery.
- Works collaboratively with other staff in case staffing/review.
- Transport participants on assigned activities, case management services and outings as needed.
- Monitors participants self-administration of medication adheres to policy and procedures.
- Maintains a respectful relationship with participants, former participants, family members and peers.
- Works in collaboration with program supervisor to maintain a working relationship with Village Council (VC) to assist with TVC model and VC structure
- Ensure house rules are being followed by participants.
- Model respectful, caring, calm demeanor in all interactions with participants and colleagues.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of front desk and surrounding offices.
- Attend staff meetings and works collaboratively with other staff in case staffing/review.
- Other duties as needed and/or assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with PCs and standard office equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions and exercise good judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and prioritize workload.
- Strong public speaking and organizational skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple activities.
- Demonstrated ability and experience conducting individual and group sessions.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to be cross-trained in any aspect of the program.
- Must have strong writing skills with attention to detail and accuracy of fact reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to work with individual from diverse backgrounds.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Working knowledge of available resources within the surrounding communities.
- Valid Alaska driver’s license and insurable under CITC’s automotive insurance, which requires a driver to be at least 21 years of age.
- Continued employment is contingent upon a receipt of a satisfactory state and federal background check.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Alaska Native/American Indian applicants pursuant to P.L. 93-638 Indian Self Determination Act.
The information provided in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job. Management has sole discretion to add or modify duties of the job and to designate other functions as essential at any time. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.