COOK INLET TRIBAL COUNCIL, INC.
Program Compliance Officer
Senior Director of Finance
Financial Grant Compliance Officer
This position is responsible for ensuring that the organization is in compliance with all federal, state, and local government regulations in addition to private donations and grant agreements. This position will work closely with management and legal counsel to establish a process for monitoring grants and other donor restricted funds.
Duties and Responsibilities; included but not limited to:
- Develop, initiate, maintain, and revise policies and procedures required for the prevention of illegal, unethical, or improper conduct relative to grants and restricted donations as well as to ensure compliance with all requirements in the annual single audit.
- Maintain a database of grant/donor agreements and relevant due dates. Work with Financial Grant Compliance Officer and relevant program staff to ensure all reporting deadlines are met.
- Periodic review of program compliance based on an internal assessment of risk.
- Work closely with relevant program staff, accounts payable, legal and contracting to ensure procurement standards are implemented efficiently.
- Work with relevant program staff to perform subrecipient risk assessment and oversee subrecipient monitoring to ensure compliance.
- Supervises and reviews the preparation of financial reports and financial related forms as required by the grant/donor agreement, including all necessary journal entries and accruals needed to complete the reports.
- Ensures administrative and indirect guidelines and caps are adhered to, in addition to other grant-related regulations or limitations.
- Develops and maintains grant file and record retention systems that meet the compliance requirement of all grant/donor agreements.
- Works in conjunction with Financial Grant Compliance Officer to monitor budget to actual performance of grants and help program managers and directors understand and comply with their grant budgets and fiscal guidelines.
- Works closely as a team member with the department directors and program managers on compliance with all grants and restricted donations.
- Provide regular trainings on compliance topics to relevant program and support staff.
- Assist in the preparation of grant proposal budgets and narratives.
- Regularly attends departmental staff meetings to ensure complete knowledge of requirements for the programs they support.
- Responds to internal and external questions related to grant/donation compliance.
- Participates in informational meetings on all new grant awards and restricted donations including, but not limited to: accounting, relevant program staff, human resources, and any other functional component of the organization critical to the success of the program.
- Oversees and reviews the preparation of grant workpapers for the annual audits.
- Participate in site visits from granting agencies and provide information as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with sensitivity and effectiveness while working with external agencies and coworkers.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently while maintaining efficiency and accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills to effectively manage high volume of documentation.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Strong group/team facilitation skills.
- Thorough knowledge of State of Alaska and Federal grant regulations.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Public accounting experience preferred.
- Minimum three years experience in grant/contract compliance or related field, or combination of 6 years of related education and progressive experience.
- Continued employment is contingent upon receipt of a satisfactory report from a state and federal background check.
- Valid Alaska Drivers License and insurable under CITC’s automotive insurance.
Hiring preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Alaska Native/American Indian applicants pursuant to P.L. 93-638 Indian Self Determination Act.
The information provided in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job. Management has sole discretion to add or modify duties of the job and to designate other functions as essential at any time. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.