COOK INLET TRIBAL COUNCIL, INC.
Coho Cup Supervisor
The Lead Barista is responsible for assisting the Coho Cup Supervisor in the daily operations of the Coho Cup to provide high quality products and customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all the duties of the Barista Job Description:
- Prepares hot and cold beverages.
- Sells prepared foods.
- Safeguard cash and adhere to internal control process to prevent and detect fraud by ensuring accurate cash handling and reconciliation.
- Opens and/or closes coffee shop as scheduled.
- Cleans and sanitizes as required by the State of Alaska, Alaska Native Medical Center (ANMC), and CITC requirements in order to provide the highest level of customer service possible.
- Serve as contact person for scheduling changes at your work site.
- Provide training to new employees, interns and CITC’s on-the-job training programs in food and beverage preparation.
- Provide support in assisting Coho Cup Supervisor on training new employees, interns and CITC’s OJT training programs on policies and procedures through coaching and mentoring approaches.
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
- Communicate customer requests to Coho Cup Supervisor.
- Participate in periodic inventory counts and assist in inventory management.
- Ensure quality of food preparation, service, food appearance, cleanliness and sanitation of productions, service areas, and equipment and employee appearance.
- Ensure compliance with all safety and health regulations of the Health Department and other regulating agencies.
- Responsible for inventorying and preparing submissions for ordering food and supplies for the primary assigned Coho Cup site(s).
- Pick up and/or deliver food and supplies to appropriate location as requested.
- Ensure that cash is being managed with fiscal responsibility and all employees are adhering to Coho cash handling procedures.
- Performs all related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to handle stress under pressure including solving problems and making good operational decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and use technical equipment such as an espresso machine.
- Demonstrated ability to stand and walk for extended periods.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately exchange moneys with the customers.
- Demonstrated ability to reconcile all cash and moneys at the end of the day.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to maintain a clean, healthy, and safe working environment.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and use company computer to input data on a day to day basis.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple activities with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, with a team and with minimal supervision.
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least one (1) year experience as a lead barista or crew supervisor in a high volume fast-paced establishment.
- Must be able to lift and move 20 pounds.
- Valid Alaska Driver’s License and be insurable under CITC’s automotive insurance, which requires a driver to be at least 21 years of age.
- Continued employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion of state and federal background check in compliance with the 1990 Indian Child Protection Act.
Hiring preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Alaska Native/American Indian applicants pursuant to P.L. 93-638 Indian Self Determination Act.
The information provided in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job. Management has sole discretion to add or modify duties of the job and to designate other functions as essential at any time. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.