COOK INLET TRIBAL COUNCIL, INC.
Administrative Assistant (I/II/III)
Administrative Support Supervisor
C2 (I /II) / C3 (III)
This is a developmental position designed to grow in depth and breadth from Administrative Assistant I to Administrative Assistant III with progressively more responsibility. The main functions of this position are to serve as a courteous first point of contact for clients, participants, and the general public, as well as provide exceptional administrative support for special projects. Work locations will include CITC’s Welcome Center and various departments companywide. Starting level determined based on qualifications and experience upon hire.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Administrative Assistant I (Welcome Center)
- Provide professional, high level of customer service to all CITC staff, participants, vendors, and key stakeholders.
- Answer phone calls, respond to all general email inquiries, greet guests, and route all employee and visitor questions to the proper staff.
- Maintain first floor conference room schedules and work with facilities and other staff accordingly.
- Ensure workspace is clean, well-supplied, and office equipment is in good working order and supplied at all times.
- Ensure key communication information in the workspace is kept current.
- Create, file, organize, and maintain any related folders.
- Make photocopies, transmit documents, order office supplies, and perform other clerical functions.
- Perform all related administrative duties as assigned.
Administrative Assistant II (Welcome Center/Other Departments)
- Consistently perform all duties/responsibilities of Administrative Assistant I with a high level of proficiency as evidenced in a performance evaluation.
- Assist department staff with day-to-day operations, clerical duties, and special projects.
- Create check requests, purchase requisitions, and credit card reconciliations.
- Prepare letters, documents, expense reports, invoices and other correspondence as requested.
- Schedule department-related meetings/events and maintain calendars.
- Maintain and organize conference rooms for department meetings.
- Assist with coordination of travel arrangements.
- Perform all administrative duties as assigned by each specific department.
Administrative Assistant III (Welcome Center/Other Departments)
- Consistently perform all duties/responsibilities of Administrative Assistant I/II with a high level of proficiency as evidenced in a performance evaluation.
- Support Human Resources in recruitment efforts of new Administrative Assistants, to include screening, interviewing, and selection.
- Co-lead training program for newly hired Administrative Assistants.
- Serve as back-up support to the Executive Office and CITC Leadership Council meetings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; knowledge of proper grammar, good vocabulary, spelling and proofreading skills.
- Excellent public contact skills and telephone etiquette.
- Excellent computer skills, including Word and Excel in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Proficient use of PCs and standard office equipment.
- Type 50 wpm neatly and accurately with knowledge of general business formats and procedures.
- Ability to make sound decisions and exercise good judgement.
- Ability to work closely with personnel from other departments within Cook Inlet Tribal Council.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision while maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize workload and adapt to changing priorities.
- Maintain high degree of sensitivity regarding confidential information.
- General knowledge and understanding of the social, health, educational, training, and cultural needs of the Alaska Native and American Indian community.
- (I) High school diploma or GED, and at least two years of general business or related experience.
- (II) Pursuing a college degree in Business Administration, Organizational Development, Human Resources, or related field, with at least three years of general business or related experience.
- (III) Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Organizational Development, Human Resources, or related field, with at least four years of general business or related experience.
- Continued employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion of state and federal background check.
- Valid Alaska Driver’s License and be insurable under CITC’s automotive insurance, which requires a driver to be at least 21 years of age.
Hiring preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Alaska Native/American Indian applicants pursuant to P.L. 93-638 Indian Self Determination Act.
The information provided in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job. Management has sole discretion to add or modify duties of the job and to designate other functions as essential at any time. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.