COOK INLET TRIBAL COUNCIL, INC.
Shared Services Controller
The Accounting Technician/Bookkeeper is responsible for serving as a member in the finance department processing various accounting information for assigned organizations. The Accounting Technician/Bookkeeper is responsible for daily cash management, accounts payable processing, expense report reconciliations, payroll processing, invoicing customers and some general month end close work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reconcile daily cash activity by entering and recording daily cash receipts and payments.
- Responsible for weekly accounts payable processing which includes: entering invoices in Quickbooks as needed, ensuring appropriate approvals are received, processing the payments on a weekly basis, and ensuring proper vendor setup/management, i.e. W9 and ACH authorization paperwork.
- Assists in annual 1099 processing and maintains vendor & W9 files.
- Prepare invoices as required for assigned organizations and reconciles Accounts and Accrued Receivable balances on a routine basis.
- Prepare monthly employee credit card expense reports and ensure proper coding; reconcile credit cards monthly.
- Prepare and process bi-weekly payroll.
- Basic journal entry preparation and entry into Quickbooks.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- In depth understanding of accounting principles and thorough knowledge of accounting procedures; specifically accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll expense reports and general reconciliations.
- Demonstrated experience in all relevant accounts payable functions in a computerized environment, including maintenance, data entry, general ledger coding.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently while maintaining efficiency and accuracy.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented with strong organization and time management skills.
- Willingness to take ownership and work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to identify errors and offer effective solutions.
- Exceptional customer service skills and timely follow up with payment and invoice questions.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in accounting that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities or any equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Minimum of two years of accounts payable processing in a high volume or multi-project based environment.
- Microsoft Excel experience.
- Continued employment is contingent upon a satisfactory report from a state and federal background check.
- Quickbooks experience.
- Multi company/project experience.
Hiring preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Alaska Native/American Indian applicants pursuant to P.L. 93-638 Indian Self-Determination Act.
The information provided in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job. Management has sole discretion to add or modify duties of the job and to designate other functions as essential at any time. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.