CLARE SWAN EARLY LEARNING CENTER
Early Childhood Teacher Trainer
This position will deliver culturally appropriate group instruction to adults in an on-the-job learning environment, deliver professional development trainings, provide mentoring to an instructional coach, and support program evaluation. In addition, this position will support development of culturally appropriate training materials for CDA candidates, CDA coaches and PD Specialists. Lesson Plans will align with CDA core competency areas. This position is responsible for updating training documents on a consistent basis and working closely with subject matter experts to evaluate and revise training tools as appropriate. The Adult Instructional Specialist will be responsible for assessment, implementation of curriculum, practice testing and referral for the official CDA Exam.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide group instruction to Alaska Native adults CDA candidates working in Early Head Start environment.
- Coordinate culturally appropriate training events for CDA Coach candidates.
- Provide group training to CDA Coach candidates.
- Provide group training to PD Specialist candidates.
- Coordinate with CDA Coach to establish individual training plans and assess individual student progress.
- Adapt curriculum plans to the needs of the students.
- Maintain and organized, well maintained, and positive classroom environment.
- Assist with the recruitment and enrollment of prospective students.
- Mentor CDA Coach and other staff in best practices for adult education, as needed.
- Collaborate with curriculum developers, CDA Coaches, and other team members to develop culturally appropriate training materials aligned with CDA core competency areas.
- Support project function by assisting with recruitment of professional development training cohorts.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by participating in CSELC staff development training, reviewing professional publications; establishing peer and professional networks, and attending relevant State of Alaska early childhood learning and development professional development meetings and trainings.
- Collect and report data as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality according to regulations, policies and procedures.
- Perform all related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate information and requirements to adults with a variety of learning styles.
- Excellent interpersonal skills combined with the ability to work with diverse groups of people with varying needs.
- Demonstrated ability to continue to learn and implement new teaching methods/strategies
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple activities and students.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate students and to monitor and encourage students progress.
- Ability to adapt curriculum and lesson plans to meet needs of students.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, assessment, evaluation, plan implementation and documentation skills.
- Proficient with computers, standard office equipment and programs.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also with a team.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the social, education, training and cultural needs of the Alaska Native/American Indian community.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret and apply programs and policies, procedures, guidelines and instructions through formal and on-the-job training.
- Ed in Adult Education, or related field. Year for year work experience may be substituted for graduate education with a BA in Early Education or related field.
- 2 years’ experience teaching adults
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the social, educational, training and cultural needs of the Alaska native/American Indian community.
- Experience working with Alaska Native people, knowledge of their values and belief systems and ability to provide culturally competent services.
- Valid driver’s license and be insurable under CITC’s automotive insurance, which requires a driver to be at least 21 years of age.
- Continued employment is contingent upon a receipt of satisfactory state and federal background check.
Hiring preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Alaska Native/American Indian applicants pursuant to P.L. 93-638 Indian Self Determination Act.
The information provided in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job. Management has sole discretion to add or modify duties of the job and to designate other functions as essential at any time. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.