COOK INLET TRIBAL COUNCIL, INC.
Child & Family Services Department
Senior Director of Child & Family Services
The Program Manager (PM) supports the Child and Family Services Department by administering the CITC Luqu Kenu Prevention program. The Program Manager is responsible for administering and managing the activities conducted by the Family Navigators for Alaska Native/American Indian families-parents and children. The Program Manager coordinates and aligns project services and activities and with identified community partners, assists the CFSD Senior Director to monitor performance of the project through data input and reporting in order to accomplish federal monitoring compliance and evaluation of project services.
Duties and Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Ensures project model fidelity by operationalizing the project resources and inputs and measuring project outputs and outcomes
- Supports engagement and cooperation of project partners by scheduling, coordinating and documenting results of planning meetings
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and follows up on work results
- Maintains program staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training and conducting annual performance reviews for employees
- Manages participant engagement with staff by regular, ongoing supervision of interventions and responses to interventions
- Administers and supervises administration of outcome/evaluation tools (e.g. PFS or others as determined by evaluator) by meeting with staff and participants to complete
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information
- Promotes use of program and facilities by advertising availability and schedules; notifying special interests groups; coordinating and cooperating with federal, state and local units of government
- Assures quality services for participants by engaging in standards of practice and multidisciplinary team meetings and case staffing
- Maintains agency credibility by establishing working relationships with grantee, advisory and related service agencies.
- Promotes the agency by ensuring and understanding of program services available for participants; adhering to professional code of ethics.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops; reviewing profession publications; establishing personal networks.
- Complies with federal, state and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Job Responsibilities Related to Patient Privacy:
- The incumbent is expected to protect the privacy of all patient information in accordance with CITC’s privacy policies, procedures and practices, as required by federal and state law, and in accordance with general principles of professionalism as a health care provider. Failure to comply with CITC’s policies and procedures on patient privacy may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment or membership or association with CITC.
- The incumbent may access protected health information and other patient information only to the extent that is necessary to complete your job duties. The incumbent may only share such information with those who have a need to know specific patient information you have in your possession to complete their job responsibilities related to treatment, payment or other CITC operations.
- The incumbent is encouraged and expected to report, without the threat of retaliation, any concerns regarding CITC’s policies and procedures on patient privacy and any observed practices in violation of the policy to the designated Privacy Officer.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the child welfare systems.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to coordinate multiple activities with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated knowledge of fiscal management.
- Demonstrated ability to use Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work collaborative with many organizations.
- A Bachelor of Arts or Sciences in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, or related field or equivalent academic training and work experience.
- Minimum two years of full proficiency in management or coordination of service delivery in all aspects of applicable human services, especially working knowledge of dynamics of human behavior of individuals and groups; working with children and families in crisis; and working knowledge of applicable theories to the practice of social work and safety systems.
- Experience working with Alaska Native families, knowledge of their values and belief systems, and working knowledge of historical and contemporary social, economic and cultural problems of the specified geographical area. Knowledge of ICWA and its implications in the child welfare setting.
- Continued employment status will be contingent upon satisfactory completion of a state and federal criminal background check in compliance with the 1990 Indian Child Protection Act.
- Valid Alaska Drivers License and insurable under CITC’s automotive insurance.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent academic training and work experience in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, or related field or equivalent academic training and work experience.
Hiring preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Alaska Native/American Indian applicants pursuant to P.L. 93-638 Indian Self Determination Act.
The information provided in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job. Management has sole discretion to add or modify duties of the job and to designate other functions as essential at any time. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.