COOK INLET TRIBAL COUNCIL, INC.
Accounting Technician I
Accounts Payable Supervisor
The primary duties performed under the Accounting Technician I function include, but are not limited to: the accurate computation, classification, recording and verifying of various financial data used in maintaining accounting records; providing and processing financial support, transactions and reports and; compiling and maintaining accounts payable and accounts receivable records.
Duties and Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Assist Accounting Tech II in processing a variety of financial documents within a computerized accounting system, such as financial transactions, invoices, checks, account statements, authorizations, journal vouchers and purchase orders.
- Compile and sort invoices and checks.
- Enter and post daily cash receipts.
- Assists in the annual preparation of 1099’s and maintains W-9 files.
- Verify and post details of business transactions to the General Ledger.
- Process monthly invoices for CITC and affiliates
- Prepare monthly reconciliation from sales module to general ledger balance.
- Prepare monthly aging report that is reconciled to the general ledger.
- Contact clients to assist in collection for outstanding invoices.
- Compose grammatically correct letters, memoranda, and other reports as requested.
- For assigned companies, prepare checks (including emergency check requests), print all accounts payable reports, maintain account payable files and answer vendor inquires.
- Distribute checks for signature and /or delivery
- Reconcile bank accounts as assigned
- Perform other tasks as needed and/or assigned.
Internal / External Relations
- Maintain a positive working relationship with vendors/customers/clients
- Maintain a positive working relationship with CITC staff
- Participate in scheduled internal/external meetings/trainings as requested
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret documents such as: safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Demonstrated ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively before various audiences.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures coupled with strong accounts payable skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently while maintaining efficiency and accuracy.
- Strong mathematical skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals, rates, ratios, percentages, and graphs.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, and/or diagram form.
- High school diploma or GED; Associate’s degree and/or two years of professional experience, preferred.
- Minimum three years data entry experience.
- Minimum two years General Ledger reconciliation experience.
- 10 key by touch.
- Continued employment is contingent upon a satisfactory report from a state and federal background check.
Hiring preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Alaska Native/American Indian applicants pursuant to P.L. 93-638 Indian Self Determination Act.
The information provided in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job. Management has sole discretion to add or modify duties of the job and to designate other functions as essential at any time. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.